History of the EH Team
"The Eh Team" Facts
· "The Eh Team" is a Dragon Boat Racing Team, formed in the year 2000 for men and women 55+ in search of a sport with a challenge.
· The team is comprised of paddlers, steersperson and a drummer. We hire a professional coach for training.
· Our team roster is currently over 40 paddlers, which allows us to accommodate multiple boat entries at regattas in Mixed and in Women's divisions. If there is a Seniors' category, we enter that too.
· We participate in regattas from May to September and although we are a senior's team, we race against teams of all ages.
· Over the past 15 years, we have competed in many local races, including the Rio Tinto Alcan Festival (now the Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Festival). We have travelled out of town to compete in Victoria, Nanaimo, Whistler, Harrison Lake, Kelowna, Seattle and San Francisco.
We have won numerous ribbons and
medals, including a gold medal at the first annual Taiwanese Dragon Boat
Festival in the mixed division and a gold medal in the Senior's race in Kelowna
· As a team, we have agreed to become more competitive each year and, therefore, each team member is encouraged to strive for his/her best fitness level at all times.
· We are a fun team dedicated to the sport of dragon boat racing.
· "The Eh Team" was selected as the recipient of the Governor Generals' Trophy for most sportsmanlike conduct in the 2009 Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival.
· "The Eh Team" was selected as the recipient of the Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival Sustainability award at the 2012 festival.
· We are currently recruiting new paddlers and experience paddlers for the 2017 and future seasons.